86xx: e600 and cputable.c

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Feb 24 06:13:48 EST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Régis Odeyé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On our board based on 8641D, cat /proc/cpuinfo gives:
> -bash-3.2# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> cpu             : 7448, altivec supported
> clock           : 1000.000000MHz
> revision        : 0.2 (pvr 8004 0202)
> bogomips        : 199.68
>
> processor       : 1
> cpu             : 7448, altivec supported
> clock           : 1000.000000MHz
> revision        : 0.2 (pvr 8004 0202)
> bogomips        : 199.68
>
> total bogomips  : 399.36
> timebase        : 100000000
> platform        : VM6250
> Vendor          : Kontron Modular Computers
> Machine         : VM6250
> SVR             : 0x80900121
> Memory          : 1024 MB
>
> Is there a plan to deal with e600 core as it is done for e500 in
> cputable.c to be able to discriminate "classic" ppc against
> freescale cores ?
> Already a patch ?

what kernel version.  I believe this is fixed:

commit a501d8f30e4fcca563e4ee462be00f96e51181d5
Author: Martin Langer <martin-langer at gmx.de>
Date:   Sun Sep 7 17:51:32 2008 +1000

     powerpc: Fix major revision number for Freescale cores

     Some 74xx cores by Freescale are using the configuration field
instead
     of the major revision field for their revision number.  This
corrects
     the wrong behaviour for those ppc cores including my one.

- k