Gianfar tx-babbling-errors

Scott Coulter scott.coulter at cyclone.com
Sat Feb 21 07:59:40 EST 2009

Dai,

>  Is this your own board? If so, what PHY chip are you using? Are you
> using the PHY driver?
>  If the generic PHY driver is used and polling the MDIO periodically
for
> the link check, you may truncate the packet. I hope this is not the
> case.

Yes this is our own board.  Both the 8568E and 8572E processors each
expose two TSECs.  The 4 TSECs are each connected to a separate
interface of a  Broadcom 5464 Quad PHY in RGMII mode.  I am pretty sure
that there is no interrupt connected (I'll have to check with the
hardware engineer) and I know that I didn't configure one in the DTS
file.  My kernel is configured to use the Broadcomm 54xx driver, but I'm
not sure if it polls when no interrupt is configured.

Thanks,
Scott

  Scott N. Coulter
  Senior Software Engineer

  Cyclone Microsystems
  370 James Street              Phone:  203.786.5536 ext. 118
  New Haven, CT 06513-3051      Email:  scott.coulter at cyclone.com
  U.S.A.                        Web:    http://www.cyclone.com

MPC8568E