[RFC v1] virtio: add virtio-over-PCI driver

Ira Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 20 04:03:14 EST 2009

>>> linuxppc-dev-bounces+tie-fei.zang=freescale.com at ozlabs.org

In fact, most of the driver has nothing to do with hardware, and
everything to do with managing memory.

Most of the driver could be shared between implementations. The only
things that would be hardware specific are setting up the descriptor
memory, and raising/handling interrupts.

I just wanted to get something working and out here to discuss. I
figured that more hardware support, features, etc. could come later.
Just like everything else in the kernel, I'm sure this will have to
evolve over time as well.

Thanks,
Ira