mpc8270 and fs_enet

James Black jblack547 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:18:28 EST 2009

Turns out the problem was with the PSDMR register. We had a cas
latency of 3 and the memory stick required 2. Also, the MPTPR register
had a value of 0x1e00 and we changed it to 0x1f00. We use ECC memory
sticks.

Those 2 changes got rid of the error in the buffer descriptor
ready/empty bits. The interesting thing was that our SDRAM memory test
passes and there are no errors logged in the TESCR1, TESCR2 or the
SDSR registers.

Strange problem, and difficult to find. Thought I'd get this out for
future reference.

--
Jim Black
Senior Software Engineer