Gianfar tx-babbling-errors

Scott Coulter scott.coulter at cyclone.com
Fri Feb 20 03:17:56 EST 2009

Kumar,

> can't think of any.  How about adding a BUG_ON() in the tx path to see
> if the buffer size > MTU and re-run your tests.

So, here are the checks I've tried in gfar_start_xmit():

BUG_ON(skb->len > DEFAULT_RX_BUFFER_SIZE)

BUG_ON(skb->len > priv->regs->maxfrm)

Neither produces a bug check yet ethtool reports non-zero
tx-babbling-errors.  The last check appears to be the definition of
tx-babbling-errors.  Is there a transmit path that I have missed?

Scott

  Scott N. Coulter
  Senior Software Engineer

  Cyclone Microsystems
  370 James Street              Phone:  203.786.5536 ext. 118
  New Haven, CT 06513-3051      Email:  scott.coulter at cyclone.com
  U.S.A.                        Web:    http://www.cyclone.com