Regarding irq_of_parse_and_map

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:51:45 EST 2009

> Because dtc will generate phandles automatically when you reference the
> node with the & operator.

Yes the same statement I found in dts-bindings for gpio txt, sorry I
missed it somehow ...

> Do you want your changes to ever make it into the upstream kernel?

Yes I would like to do that ... but the reason I asked is as it is my
first try so I am thinking that I will edit the same file and do it in
the same way ofcourse I will follow for device node gpio-controller
the new apporach and later if it works then I will create new dts with
upstream Linux base ...

Now I have created the mpc8313erdb.dts with gpio-controller device
node. I would like to ask that now I should compile it with dtc and
generate dtb and I should load this dtb on board/target, Right ? ? ?
please correct me if I am wrong ...

Also is it possible to compile device tree on Linux host and genreate
dtb for powerpc ? ? ? If yes, then how ? ? ? please let me know ...
thanks ...

Before I tried to generate virtual irq using irq_create_mapping and I
got the same number as hw_irq_no i.e. 74 as virtual irq. Also the
entry was made in proc/interrupts and trigger was 8 (Level). But when
I tried to interrupt and the handler was never called ? ? ? Was it
because of gpio device node missing in device tree ? ? ? please let me
know ... thanks ...

Kindly please acknowledge ... thank you ...

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam