Regarding irq_of_parse_and_map

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:01:34 EST 2009

I checked and read the
Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/8xxx_gpio.txt and
booting-without-of.txt. It is different then what I read before from
booting-without-of.txt ... perhaps as it is old and came with BSP. Am
I right ? ? ?

> Don't specify this explicitly.  Please base new development off of the
> device tree that is in upstream Linux, not the very old tree in your BSP.

May I know the reason why I should not specify it explicitly ? ? ?
Also what would be the problem if I do in the same way as it is given
in BSP mpc8313erdb.dts ? ? ?

And should I use gpio-controller as a gpio device node ? ? ?

Kindly please acknowledge ... thank you ...

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam