request_irq return errno 38

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:51:58 EST 2009

Thanks for your replies ...

I checked the irq.c and irq.h and found the prototype of
irq_of_parse_and_map() and found from the comment that it is a wrapper
function contains a chain of irq_map_one() and irq_create_mapping()

It means that I can use irq_create_mapping() to know the virq also the
same suggessted by michael ... what is the difference between these
two i.e. irq_create_mapping() and irq_of_parse_and_map() ... I mean in
usage what could be the difference ? ? ?

If used the irq_of_parse_and_map() then the paraments I need to pass
are device_node *dev and index irq_of_parse_and_map(struct device_node
*dev, int index) ... then how I can pass the required information i.e.
dev and index ? ? ?

Also how I can read the device tree binary file ? ? ?

Kindly please acknowledge ... thank you ...

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam