WARNING Cannot determine dependencies of kernel module 'uhci-hcd'.?

Anil B G bg.anil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:09:03 EST 2009

Hi,

1. I was trying to build the linux 2.6.28.4 kernel on a ppc system

While building there was an issue in the mkinitrd as below

 Kernel image: /boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.5-2-ppc64

Initrd image: /boot/abc

Root device: /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-35000cca005281f3c-part3 (/dev/sda3)
(mounted on / as ext3)

WARNING Cannot determine dependencies of kernel module 'uhci-hcd'.

Does it exist? If it does, try depmod -a. Continuing without uhci-hcd.

Features: block usb resume.userspace resume.kernel

depmod -a works fine.

I tried enabling OHCI inplace of UHCI in the .config and got similar
results. I then tried disabling USB in the menuconfig, but still got the
same result.

I then tried with a different kernel (2.6.27.5) and got pretty much the same
result.

Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?

Regards,

Anil