enabling USB Host controller on ppc405ex based board

Weirich, Bernhard Bernhard.Weirich at riedel.net
Mon Dec 21 02:13:42 EST 2009

If you enable PCI on 405EX you MUST have valid clock signals on the PCIE ports. If you do not have these on your board your kernel will hang just as you said.

I do not know why PCI is required for the USB controller, if it is just for some software interfaces to be present then you can try to remove the PCIE entries from the kilauea.dts device tree.
Then you will be able to boot even without proper clock signals, yet I do not know whether the USB controller will work.

Best regards,
Bernhard