MPC5200B XLB Configuration Issues, FEC RFIFO Events, ATA Crashes

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Fri Dec 18 20:07:55 EST 2009

Hello Wolfgang,

On Friday 18 December 2009 09:24:29 Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

> What disc access modes, (pio, mwdma or udma) did you use for these tests.

MWDMA2.

On our hardware Linux 2.6 UDMA2 only works with very few disks. And on
top of that, UDMA seems to have problems on the MPC5200B with
concurrent traffic to or from the LPC (chips selects of peripherals
while a DMA transfer is active).

The same disks work without problems using UDMA2 on the old 2.4.25 on
exctly the same HW. Why? I don't know yet.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze                Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                              73347 Mühlhausen