Problem with mini-PCI-E slot on P2020RDB

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Fri Dec 18 07:28:30 EST 2009

Hi, Kumar
Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:59 AM, Mahajan Vivek-B08308 wrote:
>

>>> Thanks a lot. If I understand you correctly, the only way I
>>> can get ath9k driver to work on this board using legacy
>>> interrupts is to wait for a hardware fix. Right ?
>>>
>> Correct
>>

> I'm confused.  What's the issue with IRQ0 on the P2020RDB?  Is it used for another purpose?

There's a problem with IRQ0 with respect to mini-PCI-E slot. I have
Atheros wireless card plugged
into it. ath9k wireless driver for this card uses legacy PCI-E
interrupts, and I get "irq 16: nobody cared"
message when driver executes request_irq(). Vivek has come to a
conclusion that the problem is
related to incorrect IRQ0 routing for mini-PCI-E slot on P2020RDB.

Felix.