[Next] CPU Hotplug test failures on powerpc

Peter Zijlstra peterz at infradead.org
Wed Dec 16 18:18:10 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 12:24 +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
> Xiaotian Feng wrote:

> >> No, i don't think so. It skips cpu0 during online/offline
> >> process.
> >>

> > Then how could this happen ? Looks like cpu 0 is offline ....
> > 0:mon> <4>IRQ 17 affinity broken off cpu 0
> > <4>IRQ 18 affinity broken off cpu 0
> > <4>IRQ 19 affinity broken off cpu 0
> > <4>IRQ 264 affinity broken off cpu 0
> > <4>cpu 0 (hwid 0) Ready to die...
> > <7>clockevent: decrementer mult[83126e97] shift[32] cpu[0]
> >
> Sorry i was looking at only one script. Looking more closely
> at the test there are 6 different sub tests. The rest of the
> tests do seem to hotplug CPU 0.

Ooh, cute, so you can actually hotplug cpu 0.. no wonder that didn't get
exposed on x86.

Still, the only time cpu_active_mask should not be equal to
cpu_online_mask is when we're in the middle of a hotplug, we clear
active early and set it late, but its all done under the hotplug mutex,
so we can at most have 1 cpu differences with online mask.

Unless of course, I messed up, which appears to be rather likely given
these problems ;-)