patch status

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 8 11:52:57 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 02:01:58PM -0800, Tirumala Reddy Marri wrote:
>Hi Ben,
>
> Did you get the chance to review the patch I sent it on Dec-1 2009
>

>http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2009-December/078436.html

Ben has to review lots of patches.  Please be patient.  Also, your patch is
tracked via patchwork here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/39865/

so you can see the state as it progresses.

Further, it would have been helpful to CC the maintainer of the 4xx sub-arch
(me) since it impacts that platform and you could have gotten some review more
quickly.  I didn't notice it until this afternoon.

Lastly, your patch has lots of magical values in it.  While I have no doubt
they are correct, I can't find any documentation for 460SX on the AMCC website
aside from some small product briefs.  Perhaps I've overlooked the CPU manual,
but since I don't have such a board or the manual for it, it would be nice to
know what kind of testing has been done with this patch.  A simple statement
such as "tested on kernel <version> with a <network, raid, whatever> pci-e
card successfully" would go a long way.

This is not a rant or complaint about the code.  Just a reminder that the
community doesn't always move at the pace we would all like :).  I'll try and
look over the patch more carefully tomorrow.

josh