TQM5200 + SM501 FB

Rolf Offermanns roffermanns at sysgo.com
Sat Dec 5 01:23:16 EST 2009

Hi All,

does anyone has a working SM501 framebuffer on the STK5200 board? The
board itself works fine on the 2.6.32 kernel.

I got a patch from TQ which used to work around 2.6.24 but it seems with
the unification of the "simple mpc5200" boards the sm501 support got lost.

I toyed around with the patch a bit and I got the driver to probe and
initialize the chip, but I don't get an output on the crt port and an
open() on /dev/fb0 or /dev/fb1 fails with "no device".

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks,
Rolf.