Recommended functions for accessing internal registers

Fortini Matteo matteo.fortini at mta.it
Thu Dec 3 22:16:05 EST 2009

I'm on an embedded system, so every resource counts.
One of the biggest impacts is when writing to a communication/memory
access FIFO or reading/writing configurations.
In these cases, I'd just need to make sure that there's no I/O
reordering and/or subsequent r/w are not optimized away, I believe.

Should I switch to the deprecated "volatile" attribute?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Matteo