PCI interrupt question

Jeff Hane jeff.hane at maxim-ic.com
Thu Dec 3 17:21:56 EST 2009

Hello,

 I'm trying to get interrupts working for my PCI device on a 460ex and
am having problem.  My ISR never triggers.

I'm new to PCI(and ppc) and LDD said that I could read the config reg
INTURRUPT_LINE to get the interrupt assigned to my PCI device.  Well,
this always reads zero.

After reading through the code it appears that the interrupt is being
assigned after reading some information out of the device tree and then
filling in the irg in the pci_dev structure.

I'm just looking for confirmation that I should be calling request_irq
with the irq that I found in the pci_dev struct.

thanks,
jeff