MPC5121ADS PowerVR MBX driver on 2.6.31 kernel?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 3 07:05:42 EST 2009

Dear Cristian Axenie,

In message <9c789a000912021004l5dda0ee8r77a21764e035ff35 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I would like to know if there is someone that tested the MBX driver for the
> PowerVR graphic chip in MPC5121 ?
> It seems that on kernel 2.6.21 works fine but it fails on 2.6.31 !

You probably have to rebuild it from the source code for this new
kernel version.

> I'm using wrlinux as the build environment !

Maybe you ask WRS to provide matching binaries, then? [Note that
woever provides the binaries also has to provide the sources; the
kernel is GPL after all...]

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If the car industry behaved like the computer industry over the  last
30  years, a Rolls-Royce would cost $5, get 300 miles per gallon, and
blow up once a year killing all passengers inside.