PPC driver - generic bus width

Alemao xcarandiru at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:25:47 EST 2009

Hi all,

Im trying to develop a driver for my device, and its data bus can be 8, 16
or 32 bits. This information is passed through the device tree source.
My code is like this:

struct device_info_t {
	void (*read)();
	void (*write)();
};

static int __devinit device_probe()
{
	prop = of_get_property(ofdev->node, "bus-width", &size);

	device->bus_width = *prop;

	switch (device->bus_width) {
	case 8:
		device->read  = in_8;
		device->write = out_8;
		break;
	case 16:
		device->read  = in_be16;
		device->write = out_be16;
		break;
	case 32:
		device->read  = in_be32;
		device->write = out_be32;
		break;
	default:
		break;
	}
}

Can someone point me some driver that is doing something similar to the
ideia shown above?

Or what Im doing wrong in my code? Cause Im getting erros (warnings) like:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
drivers/dev_test.c:37: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
drivers/dev_test.c:38: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
drivers/dev_test.c: In function 'device_probe':
drivers/dev_test.c:113: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type

PS: Im using a MPC8349, linux kernel 2.6.26

Cheers,

--
Alemao