[SATA] Does SATA work with kernel > v2.6.25.7?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 14 21:33:00 EST 2009

Dear "Olivier Croset",

In message <AA253FF7C15741BCAE4B5D4B4FFF16B6 at Labo5> you wrote:

> While browsing the web, I found the following message with the same kind of
> errors:
>
> It is said that "the sata is only supported up to 2.6.25.7". Is it true for
> all PowerPCs or only for 460EX CPU?

This messages is explicitly about (and only  about)  the  AMCC  460EX
Canyonlands board and the Synopsys DesignWare Cores (DWC) SATA driver
used on this processor.

This has nothing to do with your poblems with a SIL controller.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When all is said and done, more is said than done.