Problem with PCIe -> PCI bridge on MPC8377E-RDB

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 12 19:56:05 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 23:25 -0400, B.J. Buchalter wrote:

> I don't know the model of the board off the top of my head.
>
> I do know that it uses the Texas Instruments XIO2000A/XIO2200 PCI
> Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03), with the TSB82AA2 OHCI Link behind the
> bridge.
>
> The same board definitely works as expected in a Mac Pro.

I've had problems on embedded 4xx with some of those guys. I think
there's a problem with the TI bridge, either it needs more time to
settle after reset or it doesn't cope with a second reset by the kernel
after the FW reset ,I don't remember... but there's definitely something
fishy with that bridge or something a bit too "tight" on spec we do on
both FSL and 44x that doesn't please that bridge.

Cheers,
Ben.