cross compiling wind river linux for ppc architecture

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:42:26 EST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Sridhar Mahadevan<msridhar87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Am trying to compile my WRL 2.6.21 kernel for PPC architecture.
> The processor am using is AMCC powerpc 440EP .

This isn't really the best choice of forum for trying to get help like this.
Most of the people here are focused on working with the latest development
kernels, and won't have the time to go back and look at year-old kernels
based on the now removed PPC architecture.

Plus they won't necessarily have any knowledge of what the WRL specific
changes may or may not contain.  If you have the opportunity to do so,
the best choice for you would be to go through the normal WR support
channels with full details of your problem.

At a glance, it looks like you are trying to build with ARCH=powerpc, and
yet I don't think (from memory) that the 4xx boards had migrated from
ARCH=ppc until sometime around the 2.6.24-ish timeframe.

Paul.