linux-next: Tree for August 5

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Aug 5 20:13:36 EST 2009

Hi Boaz,

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:11:20 +0300 Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh at panasas.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/2009 10:23 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > This tree fails to build for powerpc allyesconfig (final link problem).
>
> Above is reported for a long time. Is it related to this:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg921978.html

No, it is this:

powerpc-linux-ld: TOC section size exceeds 64k

It is powerpc specific and the only way we can think of fixing it
involves stopping building the built-in.o files and linking the entire
kernel in one go at the end.  We just haven't had time (or the energy) to
try to fix it properly while it only affects the final link of the
allyesconfig kernel.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au