removing get_immrbase()??

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Apr 23 23:02:20 EST 2009

David Gibson wrote:

> It's not so much point of view as situation.  Putting the device tree
> in the firmware and putting the device tree in the kernel are both
> valid choices, with their own distinct advantages and drawbacks.

I was under the impression that the reason we put the device trees in
the kernel is because we didn't have a better place to put them.
Keeping them in the kernel repository was just convenient.

So I personally don't consider the *location* of the DTS files to be a
basis for deciding what they really mean.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale