PCI changes 2.6.26 => 2.6.28

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Apr 22 02:24:19 EST 2009

I had a stable port of 2.6.26 for my 834x hardware, with a
frame buffer on a PCI device.  After I upgraded to 2.6.28,
this isn't working any more.  The frame buffer code is happily
writing to a mapped [memory] space on the PCI card, but nothing
is happening.

Did something [subtle] change in how the PCI is handled in
this timeframe?  Perhaps with how PCI devices are mapped or
enabled?  I've looked at the changes between the two versions,
but nothing leaps out at me.

n.b. I have other devices on the PCI bus, such as a SATA
controller, which work the same in both versions.

Thanks for any ideas