PPP over Synchronous HDLC in the Linux Kernel

Daniel Ng daniel.ng1234 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:47:37 EST 2009

Hi,

Is there a way to integrate PPP over Synchronous HDLC using the
existing kernel code? We are currently using 2.6.27 on an 8272 ppc
board.

In the past, we have had this working on 2.6.14 by porting across Dan
Eble's PPC kernel patches, detailed below.

However, it seems these patches were never integrated into the kernel main line.

So, is it possible to implement PPP over Synchronous HDLC using the
current kernel code, without having to use these patches?

Cheers,
Daniel

Dan Eble's "Generic PPP for Generic HDLC" patches originally for a
2.4.21 kernel (PPC).

Patch details found at:

Kernel patches:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-net&m=105525978800615&w=2