Help!Some memory doesn't work on PPC405Ex based board!

Feng Kan fkan at amcc.com
Wed Apr 15 02:30:46 EST 2009

Hi SunNeo:

The fact that it is hanging at the same place in kernel seems strange.
Usually when dram initialization is incorrect,
the kernel would not run at all. Uboot just hangs at relocate code. I
suggest you turn on early kernel printf to see
if you get some other outputs.

P.S when you have discrete memory on board. you have to be sure that
your calibration values are correct. The RDCC
RQDC value should be best possible. You can run the fix initialization
and then lift the autocalibration routine
to the end of the fix dram init to determine the best RFDC RQDC windows.
After that recode the fix values for those
registers.

Feng Kan
AMCC Software