Help!Some memory doesn't work on PPC405Ex based board!

SunNeo sunwx2001 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:08:12 EST 2009

Hi, Stefan,

Thanks for your help.

My platform uses the MICRON MT47H256M8THN DDRII SDRAM and the DDRII SDRAM is soldered on the board.

As I said, my board was similar with "Kilauea" evb, so I created my configuration header file from Kilauea's at U-Boot. In the configuration file, register value for the DDR SDRAM controller is defined. But I have removed DDR autocalibraton related configuration from the configuration file, do you think this will cause any issues?

I'm not sure what you mean about "intensive memory test". I use "mm" cmd under U-Boot command prompt to modify value of high 512M memory, and this command works well.

About booting Linux, the kernel hangs at the same location. Always after this print info "<4>Mount-cache hash table entries: 512".

Best Regards,

Sun