Has anyone debugged kernel 2.6.27 using KGDB?

재용 신 sjy1937 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:51:18 EST 2009

Hi all.

Has anyone tried to debug kernel 2.6.27 using KGDB?

I'm now trying to use KGDB but I can't use it at all.

I already red documents in kernel source about KGDB and I also know that KGDB is merged since 2.6.26.

Absoultely I'm already done what I have to do in menuconfig like

enable KGDB option

enable tty serial

enabel compile with .. and so on..

I have embedded board that is target (PXA270, v2.6.27 android kernel) and development PC that is host(2.6.23)

Is that a problem that I use lower version kernel in host system?

I attached boot parameter in menucofig as follow:

kgdbwait kgdb8250=ttyS0,115200

but When bootloader(BLOB) is loading kernel in embedded board, kernel never wait for host side' gdb signal.

Is there something I missed?

I'm now confused slightly. plz help me. o<-<

thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Shin Jaeyong.