"ahci: drop intx manipulation on msi enable" breaks ULI M1575

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri Apr 10 01:19:04 EST 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Jeff Garzik <jeff at garzik.org> wrote:
> 3) As a result, Timur's 'ahci' is no longer receiving interrupts. Presumably
> this means that BOTH of the following conditions are true
>
>        a) INTX is disabled
>        b) MSI is not available
>
> Today I am thinking we should either revert the libata commit
> (a5bfc4714b3f01365aef89a92673f2ceb1ccf246), or poke PCI to twiddle INTX for
> us at pci_enable_device() time, perhaps.
>
> I lean towards the former, but maybe the platform folks prefer a third
> solution?

Well, I was hoping that the latest U-Boot would fix this problem, but
it doesn't.  Earlier U-Boot couldn't find my SATA drive, so I thought
that was a clue.  The latest U-Boot does find the SATA drive, but the
Linux driver still doesn't get interrupts.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale