8641D with linux 2.6.29 did'n show second cpu

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Apr 2 00:48:23 EST 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Eduard Fuchs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch 01 April 2009 06:10:36 schrieb Kumar Gala:
>> On Mar 31, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Eduard Fuchs wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Yes. My u-boot version is 2009.03. Are there some additional config
>>> keys for
>>> SMP support in u-boot?
>>
>> It appears we introduced a bug in v2009.03 of u-boot.
>
> I never thought that the problem could be in u-boot. I tested the
> board with
> u-boot v2009.01 and it works well.

the u-boot bug is that we are over-writting the page of code we need
to bring up the second core.  Thus when the kernel releases the 2nd
core it goes off in the weeds.

I've sent some patches to the u-boot list that should fix the problem
by making sure that u-boot avoids using the page of memory we need for
the 2nd core.

- k