How to prevent embedded ppc reset deadlock? (MPC83xx/85xx)

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:07:26 EST 2008

André,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Leon Woestenberg
<leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since you also have to assert HRESET when you assert PORESET
>>
> But when I assert PORESET, the processor will assert HRESET itself
> AFAIK, so why do this?
>
>> you can wire-or them with a low drop schottky diode.

MPC8313E PowerQUICC II Pro Integrated Processor Family Reference
Manual, Rev. 1, section 4.2.2, page 4-6:

"Directly after the negation of PORESET, the device starts the
configuration process. The device asserts HRESET throughout the
power-on reset process, including configuration"

So, I will not drive HRESET myself but depend on the ppc to drive it for me.

Regards,
--
Leon