Disabling L1 D-cache and side effects

Tirumala Reddy Marri tmarri at amcc.com
Tue Sep 30 07:38:49 EST 2008

Hi Olof,
   I see code in arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c . But only
cbe_machine_check_handler() is the only function assigned to
ppc_md.machine_check_exception. Which is also not doing any recovery. It
just dumps the registers and return 0. Which would cause system Panic.

Could you please point me to the which does the Critical error (Machine
Check) recovery. BTW I am successful booting the Linux until rootfs is
being mounted. It fails to mount the Linux saying that blocks are
corrupted in file system. I had to modify lots of initial bring up code
to disable D-cache and make sure all TLB's are cache inhibited. Ando
also made sure none of the misc_32.S , entry_32.S and head.S makes any
references to d-cache.

Thanks,
Marri