Disabling L1 D-cache and side effects

Tirumala Reddy Marri tmarri at amcc.com
Tue Sep 30 03:05:41 EST 2008

Hi,
  I had to bring up a PPC based SOC with L1 dcache disabled.  I did that
and tried to boot Linux using RAMDISK/NFS mount. In RAMDISK I see the
file system errors. In case of NFS mount I see error saying failed to
load ld.so library.

 Could you guys please share thoughts what are the different side
effects might be causing this.
Thanks,
Marri