[RFC] powerpc/boot: add kernel,end node to the cuboot target

Sebastian Siewior bigeasy at linutronix.de
Thu Sep 25 19:43:00 EST 2008

Milton Miller wrote:
> On Wed Sep 24 at about 05:54:04 EST 2008, Sebastian Siewior wrote:
>> this could be used by the kexec userland code.
>
> NACK.
[...]
Thanks for explanation. I just went through the kexec user land code and
saw that the 64bit code uses the device tree to obtain some address and
32bit returns a hard coded struct on game cube (unless it was another
console I mixed it up) and nothing on every other platform. Therefore I
tried to add the missing nodes.

> If you have any questions about kdump or what needs to happen,
> please feel free to contact me either by email or on irc (sometimes
> I use mdm other times the email login as my nick, and when connected
> I tend to leave it well past the hours I am at the computer).
Thanks for the offer.

> milton

Sebastian