Question on 4xx GIT tree

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 11 10:31:00 EST 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:47:48 -0700
"Prodyut Hazarika" <phazarika at amcc.com> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
> I have few questions.
>
> > > Should I base my patch from your master branch or your 'next' branch?
> > The 'next' branch would be best.
>
> I saw that both your master and next branches have removed the 4xx dma and USB drivers.
> The dma drivers for 4xx used to under: drivers/dma/ppc440spe-adma.c
> The usb driver for 4xx used to be under: drivers/usb/gadget/dwc_otg/*
> The whole dwc_otg directory got removed.

Those drivers were never in any version of the upstream kernel
according to git.

[jwboyer at yoda linux-2.6]$ git checkout master
Switched to branch "master"
[jwboyer at yoda linux-2.6]$ git log -- drivers/dma/ppc440spe-adma.c
[jwboyer at yoda linux-2.6]$ git log -- drivers/usb/gadget/dwc_otg
[jwboyer at yoda linux-2.6]$

> Do you know the reason why these drivers were removed? Also, are there plans to get these drivers back?
> Please let me know.

Perhaps they are in the DENX kernel?  If so, someone would need to
submit them for inclusion.

josh