adding more machines to snd-aoa

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Oct 24 23:30:19 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:26 +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> > Right. I'll assume it has a microphone too, built-in.
>
> I doubt it:
> - no mention found in the doc
> - it seems to be output-only (#-inputs in the device tree is 0,
> #-outputs is 3).

Yeah, I've disabled it in the patch I sent you.

> I could also send you the device tree of my PowerBook G3: it does
> have the device-id property with a value of 10, but the parent
> node is called davbus instead of i2s. That one definitely has
> a microphone...

No, I don't really care about davbus at this point. TBH, I don't care
much about the other machines either, and there are lots... I'll have to
find a way to map the #-inputs and #-outputs to the information
otherwise I'll have to dig out all the manuals or something...

> > Could you try the
> > patch below, enable all snd-aoa modules and see what happens?
> >

> I won't have time in the next few days, sorry.

No worries, let me know when you can.

johannes