Extended Addressing Mode

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Thu Oct 23 05:11:59 EST 2008

Kumar Gala wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Matt Sealey wrote:
>

>> Kumar Gala wrote:
>>> Yes, its the only part that has XAEN.
>>
>> Okay I saw a lot of e500/BookE support go past but nothing specific :)
>
> The "XAEN" is specific to e600.  e500 has its own ability to do 36-bit
> physical (not called XAEN).

You have to forgive me I was only half awake when I started :D

Yeah so I saw BookE and e500 stuff go past but nothing
specific for e600/XAEN. I mailed Becky and got no response.
I'm glad to know it's in there though, somewhere.

Just so it has been asked, do you know in a broad sense what
it would take to add the non-contiguous memory mapping
support? Doesn't ppc64 already have this?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations