Problems with PCI-E devices not being detected with switch

Ayman El-Khashab AymanE at tanisys.com
Tue Oct 21 09:14:48 EST 2008

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>>> +	/* Check if setup is sensible at all */
>>> +	if ((buses & 0xff) != bus->number ||
>>> +	    ((buses >> 8) & 0xff) != <= bus->number) {
>>
>> Note that I removed the <= from the above line -- I did not think it
>> was correct.  Please let me know if that was wrong.
>
> My logic is that the current setup is incorrect if the primary bus of
> the bridge doesn't match the parent bus number, or if the secondary
> bus number of the bridge is not strictly superior to the parent bus
> number.
>
> What sounds incorrect ?

The part that didn't look correct is this line (note the operators)

   ((buses >> 8) & 0xff) != <= bus->number) {

               Operators ^^ ^^

>From reading through the code and your textual description of what was
supposed to be happening, I went ahead and changed it to ...

 ((buses >> 8) & 0xff) !=  bus->number) {

And this is the code that generated the results from my previous
message.

Hope that made sense ...

Regards,
Ayman