[BUILD_FAILURE] 2.6.27-git2 - allyesconfig on powerpc selectsCONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA=y

Adrian Bunk bunk at kernel.org
Tue Oct 14 05:35:03 EST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:21:45PM +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Brandeburg, Jesse wrote:
> > What we want, is myri10ge and ixgbe drivers that can build whether or not CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA is enabled.  IF CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA *is* enabled (which it should not be on PPC) then there are several cases we want to work:
> > CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA=m  ---> CONFIG_IXGBE=[m|n]
> > CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA=y  ---> CONFIG_IXGBE=[m|y|n]
> > CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA=n  ---> CONFIG_IXGBE=[m|y|n]
> > CONFIG_INTEL_IOATDMA depends on X86
>
> I am not sure I want to prevent myri10ge=y just because ioatdma=m.

Technically both solutions are possible, which to choose is just a
policy decision you have to agree on.

In practice it will anyway only rarely matter.

But considering that igb is in a similar situation it would be nice if
all 3 drivers would handle it the same way.

> Brice

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.