kernel 2.6.27 MPC512x status

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Oct 11 01:35:02 EST 2008

On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Matteo Fortini wrote:

> I gave a try to the brand new 2.6.27 kernel on my ADS5121 evaluation
> board:
>
>   * FEC support is not in, though it was quite easy to add FSL patches
>     from 2.6.24.6 and have the ethernet working
>   * If I turn on any USB support, the board resets itself as soon as
>     the USB driver is loaded. Without USB, I can get to a prompt.
>     Funny that the software reset is not working, but this bug is
>     actually able to sw reset the board...
>   * PCI seems not to be working, but I need to test it more. The fact
>     that FSL needed to patch 2.6.24.6 in order to get PCI working
>     makes me think it's needs some work.
>
> This is bad because I wanted to incorporate some newer patches, like
> the PWM one, but kernel 2.6.24.6 is too backward in time, while
> 2.6.27 is too forward for FSL patches...

I've applied some 3 patches from John Ribgy to add 5121 PCI support.
These are intended for .28, but should be clean against .27.

They are:
powerpc/fsl: Hide MPC5121 pci bridge.
powerpc: 83xx: pci: Remove need for get_immrbase from
mpc83xx_add_bridge.
powerpc/5121: Add PCI support.

And can be found in:

	git.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/galak/powerpc.git powerpc-next

- k