[RFC 0/6] Proposal for a Generic PWM Device API

Bill Gatliff bgat at billgatliff.com
Fri Oct 10 15:06:41 EST 2008

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 11:43 -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>> This series proposes a "generic PWM" driver API.
>>
>> This proposed API is motivated by the author's need to support
>> pluggable devices; a secondary objective is to consolidate the
>> existing PWM implementations behind an agreeable, consistent,
>> redundancy-reducing interface.
>
>  .../...
>
> You should send your patches to the main linux kernel list !

Perhaps.  But it seemed more relevant to this crowd, and the linux-embedded
crowd, and the linux-arm-kernel crowd.

At the very least, it made sense to present it in this sort of venue first.
Given that it's a "global" API proposal, I suppose I'll have to run it by lkml
at some point--- unless one of the aforementioned groups can mainline it themselves.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat at billgatliff.com