MPC8315ERDB PCI Express support status?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 9 01:08:25 EST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> I would like these patches to be ported forward to mainline, and I can
> put some time in this, but I'ld rather first know what the Freescale
> status on the patches is?
>
> John, Stuart, could you please check if there is ongoing work in
> Freescale? I hate double efforts when I'm short on time :-) Thanks.

Leon (I also work @ FSL) and we don't have any work going on right now
to cleanup the PCIe patches.

The reason they aren't in the kernel is the mechanism used to do PCIe
config cycles is not acceptable for kernel.org.  The issue is that the
code ioremaps a huge address space (128M if I remember).  The code
should look at doing a sliding window and only use 4k of address space.

- k