What is the maximum memory linux support for powerpc 4xx?

Deepak Pandian peerlessdeepaks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:29:05 EST 2008

Hi Victor,

I dont really get what do you mean as memory. If it is RAM refer to your
processors datasheet.

Linux always works with virtual address which are 32 bits in length- so by
default supports 4 GB of working memory/IO space. But with the advent of
high memory this limitation has been overcome.

I am sorry if i the answer is vague - thats because your question is also
abrupt to me.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Victor Gallardo <vgallardo at amcc.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> How can I figure out the and/or what is the maximum memory linux support
> for powerpc 4xx?
>
> Regards,
>
> Victor Gallardo

With Regards,
Deepak Pandian
"Time is precious,One day we will find that we have less than what we think"
-RandyPausch
www.peerlessdeepak.wordpress.com