Connecting to "PCI command write" interrupt on 4xx platforms

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Nov 4 16:19:13 EST 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > I will try to add endpoint support for PCI as well. I would like to have
> > a single PCI node and let the device_type attribute decide if we are
> > running in hostbridge or endpoint mode.
>
> Don't use device_type. Do the same we do for PCI-E (whatever it is, I
> don't have the source code at hand right now).

It is device_type for PCIe right now, I'm afraid. This was what we agreed
upon. Here a code sniplet from the patch:

	/* Check if device_type property is set to "pci" or "pci-endpoint".
	 * Resulting from this setup this PCIe port will be configured
	 * as root-complex or as endpoint.
	 */
	val = of_get_property(port->node, "device_type", NULL);
	if (!strcmp(val, "pci-endpoint")) {
		port->endpoint = 1;
	} else if (!strcmp(val, "pci")) {
		port->endpoint = 0;
	} else {
		printk(KERN_ERR "PCIE: missing or incorrect device_type for %s\n",
		       np->full_name);
		return;
	}

Best regards,