SD-MMC over SPI on PSC6

Fabio Tosetto tosettofabio83 at libero.it
Thu May 22 20:42:51 EST 2008

Hello, I have an embedded system with an on-board processor powerpc
MPC5200B
and Linux kernel 2.6.22,
I must turn over to MMC SPI on the PSC6.

The MMC over SPI is connected to MPC5200b, here's how:

  MPC5200B
----------------

|------------------
         PSC1_2 |--->------------Chip_Select (out)---------|

                                         |     SD CARD
         ETH_17 |---<------------IRQ (in)------------------|   MMC over SPI

         PSC6_0 |---<------------SPI_RXD (in)------------|

         PSC6_2 |--->------------SPI_TXD (out)-----------|

         PSC6_3 |--->------------SPI_CLK (out)-----------|

|------------------
----------------

Now on the menuconfig enabling these options:

$ make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu- menuconfig

Platform support  --->
   [*] MPC5200 (L25R) bugfix support
   [*] Freescale Lite5200 Eval Board

Device Drivers  ---> SPI Support --->
   [*] SPI support
  <*> Freescale MPC52xx PSC SPI controller

Now I have applied those patch:
http://www.mail-archive.com/spi-devel-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00150.html

Now on the menuconfig enabling these options:

$ make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu- menuconfig

Device Drivers  --->  MMC/SD card support --->
 [*] MMC debugging
<*> MMC block device driver
<*> MMC host test driver
<*> MMC/SD over SPI

Is correct applied those patch and enable those options into menuconfig?

thanks Fabio