[RFC/DRAFT] SPI OF bindings, MMC-over-SPI, chip-selects and so on

Anton Vorontsov avorontsov at ru.mvista.com
Thu May 22 01:41:03 EST 2008

Hi all,

This is just a bait for further discussion of OF/SPI, chip-selects,
e.t.c.

I've converted the spi_mpc83xx to the OF driver (using Grant's
SPI_MASTER_OF work + some additions), and implemented MMC-over-SPI
bindings. This stuff extensively using GPIOs, and I think this will
work for the "bridged SPI" too, since the SPI bridge could be
represented as GPIO controller (inside the SPI controller node).

Thoughts?

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com