Oops with PREEMPT-RT on 2.6.25.4

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue May 20 07:11:12 EST 2008

Rune Torgersen wrote:
> Scott Wood wrote:
>> You're recursively entering lock_timer_base, which does a
>> spin_lock_irqsave().  Either interrupts are enabled when they should
>> not be, or an interrupt was supposed to be threaded that isn't.
>
> Sort of figured. How do I figure out which one, and how to fix it?

Almost certainly the latter.  Is the disk interrupt shared with any
other interrupts, that are marked IRQF_NODELAY?  The -rt patch doesn't
seem to handle mixing the two well.

Oh, and just to be sure: you do have CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT turned on, and
not just CONFIG_PREEMPT, right?  The non-preempt-rt versions in the -rt
patch don't look like they disable interrupts, though I may just be
getting lost in a sea of underscores and ifdefs.

-Scott