Hi Question on External Interrupts

pavan_savoy at indiatimes.com pavan_savoy at indiatimes.com
Thu May 15 17:15:07 EST 2008

Hi,

being new to low level details of PPC, I have this doubt on the external Interrupt openPIC of some platform like mpc8540ads.

If at all, I request_irq on IRQ_EXT2 [say an example], and the interrupt handler is called, how do I know the line state of such an interrupt ? i.e is it low or high ?

Actually I want to interface a spi or i2c slave device which also connects via an external Interrupt which generates and interrupt and my actions are based upon knowing the line status.

[ Earlier interface was with arm architecture & GPIO and question must be naive].

Thanks