how to check for "optional" ppc chip features (MSR_BE)

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed May 14 05:33:50 EST 2008

> So it looks like we need to define a new feature bit to mean "supports
> block-step".  Is this something that userspace will expect to be told
> about via the AT_HWCAP entry in the aux vector?

I don't care to have userland know about it.  I'm just concerned with the
arch_has_block_step() definition being right.  But, you did previously tell
me that userland can set its own MSR_SE via sigreturn or setcontext or
something.  If it can set its own MSR_BE the same way, then perhaps
userland wants to know.

Thanks,
Roland